Welcome to ShipmentX, we provide Futuristic, comprehensive and 24*7*365 supply chain management services. The website by the domain name “www.shipmentx.com” (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) is owned and managed by ShipmentX based in Fremont,CA 94538,USA (hereinafter referred to as “ShipmentX”).
- The information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How we share information.
- The choices we offer.
The data protection declaration of ShipmentX is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and by Californian Legislator for the adoption of California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Our data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the general public, as well as our customers and business partners. To ensure this, we would like to first explain the terminology used. In this data protection declaration, we use, among other things, the following terms:
1.1 Personal Data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
1.2 Data Subject
Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
1.4 Restriction of Processing
Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1.7 Controller or Controller Responsible for the Processing
Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
1.10 Third Party
Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
2. Personal Data That We Collect
The Website does not collect any personally identifiable information automatically. The Website does collect or transmit any personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, email address, Phone Number and Company Name when you decide to show interest in our services or when you decide to request a quote or when you want to contact us. The Website initially collects such information as it is essential for providing services and updates, rest of the personally identifiable information is provided by you voluntarily as you use more of our services.
3. Non-Personal Data That We Collect
When you access the Website, we may automatically collect non-personal data from you, such as IP host address, pages viewed, operating system, referring service, search information, device type, page views, usage and browsing habits on the Website, and other similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular geographical location) in a manner which does not identify any one individual. We may also aggregate information collected offline in connection with the Website and services provided thereon, obtain non-personal data from third party sources and develop aggregate information by anonymizing previously collected personal data.
It is possible at times when collecting non-personal data through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal data that is mixed in with the non-personal data. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected your personal information, please notify us at [Enter Email ID here].
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website employing a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
4. Information Usage
We will only use your personal data as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal data is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may use your personal data to respond to your inquires or requests, or to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the services.
- We may use your personal data to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from ShipmentX or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes.
- We may share personal data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our services and help us operate our business, such as sending email communications, telephone communication, text messaging, advertising, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, third party surveys or performing analytics. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use personal information for purposes other than the product or service they are providing to us or on our behalf. We urge you to read privacy practices of all third-party vendors before submitting any personal data through the Website.
- We may disclose personal data as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose personal data to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies of the Website or services or our sponsors.
- We may transfer your personal data in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of ShipmentX or the division responsible for the services with which your personal data is associated.
- We may share your personal data with an affiliate of ShipmentX who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours.
- We may use your personal data to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Website and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with the Website; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with products and services; and to inform you of updates related to products and services.
5. Routine Erasure and Blocking of Personal Data
We shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as this is granted by law or regulations to which the controller is subject.
6. Can Users See Their Personal Data?
The Website collects only your name, email address, Phone number and Company name, therefore we don’t respond to any personal data disclosure requests made by you.
7. Name and Address of Data Controller
Controller of data protection is [Enter Company Name] based in [Enter Company Address].
8. Name and Address of the Data Protection Officer
Any user may, at any time, contact our designated Data Protection Officer directly with all questions and suggestions concerning data protection.
9. Contact possibility via the Website
The Website contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to our enterprise, as well as the Suppliers and vice versa. If you contact ShipmentX or Suppliers or Customers via Website or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by you is automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by you to ShipmentX or Suppliers or Customers, are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting you. There may be transfer of this personal data to third parties.
10. Protection for Children:
The use of Website is intended for and directed to adults. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If at any time in the future we plan to collect personal data from children under 13, such collection and use, to the extent applicable, shall, when required, be done in compliance with the children’s online privacy protection laws and appropriate consent from the child’s parent or guardian will be sought where required by law. When we become aware that personal data from a child under 13 has been collected without such child’s parent or guardian’s consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
12. Governing Law